Hear My Music is a community music organisation enabling people with complex needs and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder to be recognised as individuals through participant-led music making.
ACCESS to a musical experience leading to:
- Awareness of ability - Musical ability can often be undiscovered or difficult to nurture.
- Communication - Development of mainstream or alternative communication methods.
- Creativity - Creating and using original music can enhance creativity.
- Empowerment - Control over musical material can lead to the confidence to take control in all aspects of life.
- Self-confidence - Performances and contributions to a group can foster self-confidence.
- Self-expression - The opportunity to express emotions and states through music.
Find out more
At HMM, we believe that music is a powerful, communicative tool that breaks down barriers for vulnerable people.